Wednesday, June 16, 2010

weekly Update 6/16/10 part 2: May be a two Parter: Greece, E3 and more general musings

Prepare yourselves Mortals, for you are about to enter the realm of the Verbose Geek. Brace yourself for his musings.

Let's do this.

All right onto part 2. GLad you;re stillreading if you are. onto some nerdy stuff. I'm a casual gamer, i'll admit it. ever since i've been runnign windows 7 i've been on steam (PC gaming hub thing) fairly often and i have 3 or 4 indie games on my computer as well. ANyway, Video games just had theri biggest 2 days for the year,at the E3 convention in LA. Now i missed most of the coverage of it i'm nto gonna lie but i'm enthused by seom stuff i saw. First off, i like the look of the 3ds that Nintendo seems to be ready to push out later this year or early next. I really like how the 3d effect is controllable via slider and how theyve incoprorated analog stick movements into the handheld. Seems the first big title for it is a Kid Icaurs game. Now i've never played that franchise, but whoo boy does that game look nice.

I'm more enthused though for what was called for the majority of a year Golden Sun DS. Thats right RPG fans fromt he early 2000's after 7 or so years of waiting, They're releasing a 3rd game in the Golden sun franchise. IT's got a name and a release point now, which made me squeal. Oh and it has a new trailer (Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Ge8MYNQgE) The Trialer looks awesome. The name is Godlen Sun Dark Dawn and the release point is this holiday season. this is gonna be right at the top of my wish list this x-mas. I am a huge fan of the franchise and I'm loving the direction of this new installment. The graphics are weak sure, but its for the DS, what do you expect? The only thing i'm worried about so far is the use of the bottom screen on the DS in the game. Is it gonna be a heavy touch-screen based game, or will you be able to use the D-pad for movement and have to use the stylus mainly for out of battle magic usage and such? I has questions that i want answered. On a related ntoe, the Water elemental summons shown in the trailer look epic and full of win.

The other main thing i'm excited about in terms of gaming because it hits a major youth nerve with me is the new Twisted MEtal game thats coming out next year. the graphiocs are beautiful. cant wait to play it on ps3. I am worried a bit by how massive the maps are the fact that it seems the only way you can fully re-heal in the midst of a huge area battle is by finding this health-resotring tow truck, and pulling a Spyhunter and driving up on it. I am loving the look of the open map mayhem and destruction though based on the E3 footage, but at the same time i want it to stay true to the orignal ones, where you drove around the maps finding the powerups and using them that way. Maybe have that and one like innate weapon for each character and vehicle combo. But we'll see. honestly, we dont know much about the single player on the new Twisted MEtal. The Multiplayer modes look sick. I'll just let the Youtube vids do the talking. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4szKj0cljxg Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6JQzmsdBmM Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkiokqW09Pk

In short though. I liked what i saw from these two games. and i'm also excited for Portal 2 and MArvel Vs. Capcom 3. both due out in 2011 as well. search youtube for footage from E3 2010 on those last two.

I'm gonna cut part 2 here, i've been bloggin long enough this afternoon.

See you readers in the next post.

--ZB

No comments:

Post a Comment