It seems this year, since about Mid-June (at least for me) has been a hell of a year. So much shit has happened that either i didnt see coming or just was just plain bad for either me or people i know. I'm starting to hope that 2011 is easier for everyone. A large part of this reflection stems from my good friend Kenneth's father dying the day of this post. I didn't know Kenneth's dad at all, but losing a father figure is very tragic and I've known Kenneth for the past 3 years, so hearing that this happened to him is very sad and its had a very profound effect on me.
so now lets rewind thorugh what else has happened this year to make this the year set on Expert difficulty with everyone struggling to keep playing the Game of Life. Earlier this semester my dad went under the operating knife and had part of his intestines removed. I was worried intensely about him the entire time and was still worried when he was convalescing in the hospital after. The enitre summer he had been having health issues after he got bit by a wild rat in june on vacation. we're talking hot flashes general sickness. i think that got cleared up, btu prior to that he had thyroid issues and such. I think thats fixed btu i cant remember. Then, just priro to my dad's health issues in June, i was taken in by law enfroecemtn on the island we were vacationing on because i resembled someone who some lady had seen take her beachbag the day before. yeah, thats a story, i'll tell people in person.
then fast forward to a week ago and that Freshman, Alec Henriksen committed suicide here on campus.
It's been a rough fuckin year since June. A lesson in staying strong if you will.
--Zack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment